Mexico City, Mexico
- Conscious Movement teacher
- Meditation guide
- Integral Life Design sessions (strategic, creative, spiritual integration)
- Deep listening sessions (visioning, meditation, sound bath)
- Cultural immersions
- Retreat Host
- Curricula development & Holistic Wellbeing Curator
- Brand strategy for cultural creatives
Mar Sierra is an experience designer & creative facilitator who works in the intersection of design, wellbeing and cultural shifts. She has been collaborating with various institutions, from Fortune 500’s, startups, designers, authors and visionaries from her Sierra y Mar experience design firm. She frequently teaches workshops and hosts transformational retreats and speaks about the art of living a healthy and well-examined life.
Trained as a systems thinker, social designer and yoga, meditation and dance teacher, Mari graduated from an MBA in Design Strategy from the California College of the Arts in 2013. Through collaborations, Mari develops transformational learning programs for multi-cultural audiences. Her integral lens promotes the expansion of conscious humanity through embodiment, multi-cultural conversations and nature art practices. She helps co-create solutions that help humans connect, become more aware, stimulate learning and imagination, and have an active healthy lifestyle.
With an interest in processes and visually elegant solutions, Mari’s collaborations range from developing creative concepts, strategic research methods, digital interfaces, talent curator, network building, to workshop facilitation and leadership education; aspiring to use Design as a tool that propels us toward a more embodied future.
Designer & innovator, turned artist and teacher of the subtle, Mari co-creates transformative experiences across the world to contribute to shift paradigms.
I'm passionate about the energetics of relating to our human body. My yoga, movement and meditation classes are a powerful blend of energy practices, psycho-dynamic presence exercises and creative games to tap into our interconnectedness.
I experiment with sound creation and healing as well.
My coaching and design practice is deeply influenced by integral philosophy and systemic thinking, as well as jungian psychology, shamanic lineages and energy healing modalities.
Lineages include: Hatha, Ashtanga, Ayurveda, Jivamukti, Kundalini, Vinyasa Flow and Somatics
Created a hybrid curricula of ancient wisdom, western philosophy, anatomy, healing, holistic nutrition and body expression
- Physical training in experimental performance arts, by Smash Berlin 2016
- Abramovic Method Training with Marina Abramovic, SESC Pompeia, Sao Paulo, Brazil 2015
- MBA in Design Strategy from the California College of the Arts in 2013
- Consciousness & Philosophy studies from Integral Perspective at CIIS (California Institute of Integral Studies), IONS (Institute of Noetic Sciences), Esalen Institute
- Somatic Psychology Certification with Rio Abierto, Mexico city, 2009
- 200hr E-RYT certified at OM Yoga Mexico || Trained in Hatha, Ashtanga, Sanskrit, Subtle body energetics
- Extensive training in contemporary dance, improvisation languages || Gaga, Butoh, 5 Rhythms, Contact, Constellation work
- Courage to Lead program for young leaders, with Parker Palmer and Center for Courage and Renewal, Atlanta, GA
- 10+ years of studies and practice of Eastern Philosophies and Native American healing traditions
- Wisdom Hackers
- Yorgasmic with Karina Velazco
Years In Practice
12 years of yoga practice / teaching
8 years of consistent meditation practice
Host of over 20 workshops. teaching and learning with people how to move, breathe and connect with the essential
Corporate, Private, Studio classes (Mexico city, San Francisco, Zurich, Basel, Ibiza, Sao Paulo)
Host of 5 international yoga, dance & meditation retreats (Mexico, Hawaii, Brazil, Bali, Ibiza)www.sierraymar.exposure.co
I'm partnering with Yogascapes to host a retreat in Oaxaca this upcoming January
I've joined Roundglass foundation as a curator, to create gatherings for highly talented healers and practitioners of wholistic wellbeing.
Our next gathering is in San Miguel de Allende in April.
Our vision is to spread wholistic wellbeing in the planet by supporting emerging leaders connect, learn from each other and spread their content in multiple communities.