- Individual counseling
- Art therapy to adults dealing with life transitions, anxiety, work/life balance, family stress, family of origin issues, past trauma experiences and feeling stuck.
- Creative Self-Care workshops in the community and for organizations.
I am an American living in Lisbon, Portugal. I became a therapist after becoming burned out working as a graphic designer in New York City. I am a native of the East Coast of the US, grew up near Philadelphia, and lived in New York City for over 10 years. Before moving to Lisbon, Portugal I lived in Seattle, WA for 13 years. My identity as an East Coaster remains strong, and is a good fit with the Portuguese culture. I have an undergraduate degree in Secondary Education from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, and received my Master’s degree from Antioch University Seattle. I have many years of experience working in community mental health as both a therapist and supervisor and love being in private practice and leading workshops. I love working with people to help them find their way through their stuff and all the feelings humans encounter. I live in central Lisbon with a husband and a giant hairy dog.
My style as a therapist is very interactive; I am not the type to just nod and make encouraging sounds. We will get in there and have a conversation about what is really going on. My aim is to get you thinking about YOU. I ask questions, give suggestions, and tell stories that hopefully will help you to understand why you do what you do.
In therapy-speak, I work with people making their way through stressful situations, anxiety, loss, life changes, family issues, and experiences of past trauma and abuse. The letters after my name include LMFT (WA State licensed marriage and family therapist/LF60099926) and ATR (registered art therapist), and I am a Washington State approved supervisor. I received a dual Master’s degree in psychology and art therapy from Antioch University Seattle. I work from a culturally aware, holistic approach, taking into account physical (somatic), psychological, environmental, and emotional health, and use an eclectic blend of techniques to achieve client goals, including cognitive-behavioral (CBT), dialectical-behavioral (DBT), solution-focused, client-centered, mindfulness, and gestalt approaches.
- Undergraduate degree: Secondary Education English/History, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
- Master's degree: Psychology/Art Therapy, Antioch University of Seattle
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Washington State (LMFT)
- Board Certified Art Therapist, ATCB [Art Therapy Credentials Board] (ATR-BC)
Years In Practice
- ATCB, International Art Therapy Association
- Family Systems Therapist Northwest (FSTNW)