- Psychotherapy and art therapy for individuals (adults and third culture kids)
- Creative work/life balance and self-care workshops for small groups
- Art therapy supervision and consultation for professionals.
Jennifer Patterson is an American trained psychotherapist and art therapist (MA Antioch University Seattle) and holds an individual and family therapist license (LMFT/State of Washington) and is a board-certified art therapist (ATR-BC). Jennifer has extensive clinical experience in the US working with adolescents, adults, and families. She is currently working with English speaking expat and digital nomad adults and third culture kids in the central Lisbon. Jennifer specializes in working with people dealing with family of origin concerns, anxiety, life changes and past experiences of trauma.
I work with people making their way through stressful situations, anxiety, loss, life changes, family issues, and experiences of past trauma and abuse.
My style as a therapist/counselor is very interactive. We will have a conversation about what is really going on. Sometimes it might be uncomfortable, but that means we are getting somewhere. My goal is to get you thinking about YOU. I ask questions, give suggestions, and tell stories that hopefully will help you to understand why you do what you do.
I work from a culturally aware, holistic approach and take into account physical (somatic), psychological, environmental, and emotional health. I also use an eclectic blend of techniques to achieve client goals, including cognitive-behavioral (CBT), dialectical-behavioral (DBT), solution-focused, client-centered, mindfulness, and gestalt approaches.
- Undergraduate degree: Secondary Education English/History, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
- Master's degree: Psychology/Art Therapy, Antioch University of Seattle
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Washington State (LMFT)
- Board Certified Art Therapist, ATCB [Art Therapy Credentials Board] (ATR-BC)
Years In Practice
- ATCB, International Art Therapy Association
- Family Systems Therapist Northwest (FSTNW)