- Therapeutic Massage
I start as a bodyworker in 2011, performing Therapeutic Massage. But my first approach to massage was in 2007 with an Ayurvedic Massage Course. To learn more about anatomy and biomechanics, and to understand the pathologies of pain caused by tension, injuries or musculoskeletal disorders, I attend later the “Therapeutic Massage Course”. Since April 2013 I went deeper into my formation with “Niramaya Ayurvedic Therapeutic Massage” in India and “Integrated CranioSacral Biodynamics Therapy Course” in Thailand. After four years in Asia, I’m presently working on my own as Massage Therapist while attending an Osteopathy course, in Portugal. After joining the Healing Area Team in 2012, 2014 and 2016, as at the Be-In Gathering 2015 and the Being 2017, I’m looking forward to sharing my energy and experience at Boom 2018 performing Therapeutic Massage, which works at the deep tissue level.
The Therapeutic Massage is done with natural oils and applies specific techniques of manual manipulation of soft tissues (muscle, connective tissue, fascia, tendons and ligaments). Working both in superficial and deep tissues, it relieves muscular tension reducing symptoms of pain and discomfort resulting from injuries or musculoskeletal disorders. It contributes to the balance of muscle tone, increases flexibility and helps to release stiffness, adhesions and movement restrictions, leading to improvement of movement and functionality. The deep tissue massage also stimulates blood and lymphatic circulation, contributing to the reduction of fatigue and the release of the toxins. This massage works at the deep tissues level, acting on the parasympathetic nervous system, promoting relaxation and contributing to the emotional balance, creating conditions for a physical and psychological well-being.
- 2017 Currently studding "Specialization in Osteopathy" Course at the Instituto de Técnicas de Saúde , in Lisbon.
- 2014 ‘Yoga Teacher Training Course - Level 1’, with 220 hours, at Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre, Dharamshala, India, with Sharat Arora.
- 014 ‘Intensive Yoga Course: Yoga and Ayurveda’, with 200 hours, at Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre, Dharamshala, India, with Sharat Arora.
- 013 Integrated CranioSacral Biodynamics Therapy (ICSB), 80 hours, at Namo Center, Chiang Mai, Thailand, with Rosemary Wallace 2013 Niramaya Ayurvedic Therapeutic Massage, 30 hours course, at Quiet Healing Center, Auroville, India, oriented by Dr. Sankar from Ayurtoday (Sri Guruvayurappan Ayurveda Nursing Home, Kerala, India).
- 011 Therapeutic and Sport Massage, 100 hours course, at CEFAD School, Lisbon, Portugal, completed with a final grade of 16 2011 Chair Massage 4 hours Workshop, oriented by Hugo Pedrosa from Body Logistic, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2007 Ayurvedic Massage: Levels I & II, 70 hours Courses, at “EAN - Estudos Avançados de Naturologia” , in Portugal, completed with final grade of 18 COMPLEMENTARY QUALIFICATIONS 2015 Reiki Initiation with Master Filipa Pedra Pereira, in Portugal.
- 2009 ‘Nutrition and Dietetics’, 25 hours Course, at CEFAD School, Lisbon, Portugal, with final grade of 17.
- 2009 ‘Anatomy and Biomechanics on Yoga’, 16 hours Workshop of, oriented by the physiotherapist/osteopath Inês Neves, from Osteopraxis-Osteopathic Clinic, Portugal.
- 2009 ‘Therapeutic Yoga: the practice applied to pathology’, 16 hours Workshop, oriented by the physiotherapist/osteopath Inês Neves, from Osteopraxis-Osteopathic Clinic, Portugal.
- 1999 Master Degree in Civil Engineer by “Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa” , Portugal.
Years In Practice